When mentees are part of a community of fellow learners, they’re far more likely to leverage the benefits of mentoring. It gives them a safe place to learn, ask questions and bounce ideas off each other. The Mentoring Excellence Masterminds Series for Mentees (Mentee MEMs) combines the benefit of a learning community with expert content and coaching, ensuring success and providing just-in-time support.
The series includes twelve (12) 90-minute live video conferences covering the following topics:
- Identifying Learning Goals. Goal setting is one of the most challenging aspects of a mentoring relationship. How can you formulate and hone your goals to ensure you achieve the results you want?
- Exploring Different Mentoring Models. Most people think about one-to-one relationships when it comes to mentoring, however there are lots of different options and many you can engage in at the same time. Which options are right for you?
- Creating A Vision For The Future You Want. Perhaps at this point in your career you don’t know what you don’t know about options for your future. What questions can you ask yourself to clarify your vision?
- Developing Your Skills. To get the most from mentoring, you will need to develop and draw on develop your skills as a mentee. The skills you develop are transferable to other aspects of your life. What are your strengths and challenges as a mentee?
- Understanding How Difference and Learning Style Can Work For You. Knowing about your learning style can help you solve problems, make better decisions, work collaboratively with your mentor, manage conflict and engage in more satisfying relationships with your mentors. What is your learning style and how can it help your mentoring relationship?
- Getting To Know Your Mentor and Building Trust. Getting to know your mentor goes hand in hand with building trust but it takes time. How do you co-create a mentoring relationship where you can be real and authentic with your mentors?
- Establishing Agreements. It is essential to lay a the groundwork for a productive and satisfying mentoring relationship. What ground rules, confidentiality agreements and boundaries should you set?
- Driving The Relationship and Managing Your Time. Mentees need to to drive and monitor the mentoring relationship, and ask for what they need. What do you need to do to be prepared to drive the relationship and manage the time you spend?
- Monitoring Goal Progress. Creating a process for monitoring your progress will help you stay focused and create momentum. How do you measure the progress you are making on achieving your goals?
- Getting The Support and Resources You Need. When mentees don’t get the support they need from their mentors or access to the resources they need it is often because they don’t know how to ask. What do you need to do to reap the fullest benefit from your mentoring relationship.
- Getting Good At Asking For Feedback. Getting feedback is often challenging. Asking for it is sometimes even harder. What strategies can you use to make sure that the feedback you receive is relevant, practical and meaningful for you?
- Bringing Mentoring to Closure and Moving Forward. The old saying, ‘when one door closes, another door opens’ rings true when it comes to mentoring. Closure and forward movement go hand in hand. How can you leverage your mentoring relationship to create momentum in your continued growth and development?
Includes Bonus Mentee Webinar: 10 Best Ways To Find A Mentor: What You Need to Know and Do