There are many factors to consider and moving parts at play when developing an effective mentoring program. Program administrators must balance their day-to-day responsibilities while making critical decisions that can make or break a mentoring initiative. Our Mentoring Excellence Masterminds Series for Program Administrators (PA MEMs) is designed to guide program administrators through these decisions, providing the expert support and just-in-time coaching they need to ensure mentoring success.
PA MEMs is for program managers who are interested in:
- Ongoing support that maximizes program success
- Professional development opportunities
- Just-in-time mentee coaching
This twelve (12) 90-minute live video conference series will address:
- Examining Your Role as Program Administrator. To be successful in your role as a program administrator you will need to continue to grow your knowledge, information and resource capability. Which skills and competencies will you no need to make a difference?
- Building Organizational Readiness. Organizational readiness is foundational grounding and stabilizing a mentoring program. What steps will you need to take to take to create mentoring readiness in your organization? What is your organization’s history and practice when it comes to creating readiness?
- Designing the Right Opportunities. Mentoring comes in many sizes, shapes and configurations. Which of these opportunities is right for your organization? What specific opportunities currently exist or are emerging to engage people in learning through mentoring?
- Creating Appropriate Support Structures. When readiness and opportunity are combined with support structures mentoring flourishes. What structures and practices currently exist that function particularly well to support learning in your organization? What additional structures and practices do you need to put in place to support mentoring?
- Creating Pairing Protocols. Thoughtful pairing is the most important element in making a good match. A committee can make the match or mentoring pairs can self-select. In either case the magic ingredient is a good learning fit. What are the process steps that need to be put in place to ensure good learning fit? What considerations need to be taken into account?
- Monitoring Progress and Measuring Success. Everyone knows that numbers speak louder than words. Measurement is also a great motivator. Think Peter Drucker: What gets measured gets done. And yet, when it comes to mentoring it is usually the last thing that gets done. What measures of success should you use? Who should be responsible for monitoring progress and measuring results?
- Aligning Your Efforts. Mentoring alignment is a continuous process and must constantly be maintained even after it has been well established. What are the key elements of alignment and what is the possible impact and result when it is missing? What elements do you need to address in order for your mentoring program to be internally aligned?
- Meeting with MAC, Your Support Team. Responsibility for implementation can be vested in a single individual or many. Conscious and careful selection, development and HR utilization are critical. What human resources presently exist in your organization that can be used to manage, administer and support mentoring? What more do you need to include? What are the competencies and capabilities of your mentoring team?
- Facilitating Roundtables. Mentoring roundtables are learning and support sessions designed specifically to promote active and timely sharing of best mentoring practices among a peer mentoring group (mentee or mentor). How do you set up roundtables encourages that encourage benchmarking of progress? How do you about facilitating the process?
- Creating Value And Visibility. Creating value and visibility for mentoring requires a solid strategy. How can your organization strategically add value for mentoring? What is the role of the leader and HR in stimulating value and visibility? How do reward, recognition and celebration help create value and visibility for mentoring?
- Coaching For Mentoring Excellence. Coaching for mentoring excellence helps everyone succeed by boosting the performance of your mentors, mentees, mentoring program managers. Who coaches your mentors? Your mentees? Your mentoring pairs? How and when should coaching take place?
- Recognizing and Addressing Stumbling Blocks. Safety nets can help you address potential stumbling blocks and roadblocks. What do you need to do to avoid them or deal with them? What processes do you need to create to help mentees and mentees address stumbling blocks. What are some of the roadblocks in your organization that may impede mentoring progress?
Delivery: 12 videoconferences over 4 months (3 videos per month for 4 months, January through April)
Cost: $1860 per participant