Why should you invest in mentoring training? The biggest reason is that when it comes right down to it, most people are unprepared or underprepared for their mentoring roles. Without competency and comfort in the role, it is hard to feel confident and to be good at mentoring.
There are some pretty powerful payoffs for mentoring training.
1. Mentoring training builds more confident and competent mentors and mentees.
2. Mentoring training promotes participant readiness by getting everyone on the same page.
3. Mentoring training sets a standard for mentoring practice.
4. Mentoring training clarifies assumptions about mentoring and communicates expectations.
5. Mentoring training provides guidelines for mentoring success.
6. Mentoring training provides an opportunity to develop and practice mentoring skills
7. Mentoring training skills are easily transferable to other types of workplace relationships.