Tip #1: Try to avoid stress talk
Stress talk puts a negative spin on things and brings you down. Common themes of stress talk:
- Exaggerating (“always”…, “never”…)
- Negative labels
- Expecting bad outcomes
- All or nothing thinking
- Assuming nothing positive will ever happen
Tip #2: Be concerned, not worried.
- Most things people worry about never happen, and many turn out better than expected.
Tip #3: Use effective time management techniques.
- Practice planning your time
- Learn to use a time management system
- Write down appointments
- Keep a daily to-do list
- Prioritize its contents
- Keep a neat work space
- Reduce clutter
- Get rid of what you don’t need
Tip #4: Improve your physical surroundings.
- Take breaks
- Go outside
- Walk, get exercise
- Eat right
- Practice relaxation techniques