Leaders create value and visibility for their organizational mentoring initiatives when they engage in high leverage activities.
Ten high leverage activities:
1. Demonstrate personal commitment to mentoring; it will rally others.
2. Talk about how mentoring benefits the individual and the organization.
3. Show how it aligns with vision and strategy.
4. Use many means to advocate for mentoring.
5. Be present in the mentoring effort; show up at key events.
6. Build the right infrastructure to support and sustain organizational mentoring.
7. Select, groom and grow the people leading your mentoring efforts.
8. Create a mentoring leadership succession plan.
9. Allocate and protect the time people set aside for mentoring.
10. Provide an adequate budget.
Learn more about What Leaders Must Do To Ensure Mentoring Success.